It was a progressive Valentine’s Dinner for us. It wasn’t at Blackberry Farm or Twin Farms but at Edwards Farm. We had opportunities for other Valentine’s Dinners but it’s hard to beat being with the one you love in your own home.
By progressive I mean…we started at noon.
Lunch was a West Indies Salad.
- Deep Fried Tortilla Threads
- Shredded Iceberg Lettuce with minced dill pickles, capers and scallions
- A simple dressing of Lime Juice, Minced Garlic, Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper
- Topped with a generous portion of King Crab
- Sprinkled with grated Parmesan Reggiano
The salad is served on Dinnerware by Michael Ashley, Tupelo, MS.
The second course came after work.
A simple cheese and charcuterie plate.
- Jasper Hill Farms Bayley Hazen Blue, Greensboro Bend, VT…and orange supremes drizzled with Blackberry Farms Honey
- Mango wrapped with Prosciutto
- Ina’s Chipotle and Rosemary Roasted Nuts
We might have had a splash of Philippe Prie’ Champagne.
At dinner time we enjoyed an intimate setting using many of our wedding gifts.
We both love tulips. These French Tulips are in a ceramic piece made by Stella, Brandt’s grandmother. The pottery heart is one of the wedding favor’s we gave our guests. With the exception of the wine glass everything else was a wedding gift. Not only do we celebrate our love for each other we remember our generous friends with fondness and love.
Dinner was Surf and Turf with the perfect Cabernet Sauvignon.
- New York Strip Steak with Gremolata…we are really lucky to have Thomas Meat and Seafood in Collierville. This was arguably the best Strip we’ve ever had.
- Grilled Lobster Tail over Haricot Vert with Nut Butter
- Roast Fingerling Potatoes with White Truffle Butter
And, to finish…something sweet.
- Chocolate Pot au Creme
- Grand Marnier Cream
- Raspberry Macaron
20 years of love, life and joy…we try to be grateful everyday but it’s fun to go crazy one day a year.
Here’s hoping love found you today and a good time was had by all.